Friday, February 15, 2013

Chapter 6 QTC


What are the essential skills and/or learning outcomes you want your students to know and be able to do that relate to cognitive learning? 
I would like for my students to be able to access long term as well as short term memory in the classroom.  To do this they would need to be able to pay attention, which will be in part my responsibility making sure lessons are engaging. I would like for students to be able to know and understand all of the elements and principles of design. They should be able to have a full understanding of the concepts and be able to use elaboration to be able to explain how they work together in an artwork. 
How might your knowledge of the memory processes guide your instructional decisions?
I know from the teacher project on chapter 6 that it is important to use hot cognition to engage students.  I think it may be a good idea to give a short little survey to be able to know what the students are really interested in. I can then model the projects to their personal interests and to draw in their own life experience into the projects. This will make the learning much more meaningful, engaging long term memory. I will try to teach using a lot of different types of stimulation like visual, verbal, and personal exploration be able to capture the attention of all types of learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment